Dr. Nagendra Katuwal
Dr. Nagendra Katuwal, Consultant Psychiatrist and Former- Assistant Professor at Tribhuvan University, Nepal. He completed Master's degree in Psychiatry ( M D, Psychiatry) from Armed Forced Medical College, Pune, India which is affiliated to Maharashtra University of health sciences. He has more than 6 years clinical experience in mental health services including de-addiction therapy and counseling services at Tertiary level hospital at Kathmandu.
SPECIAL CLINICAL INTEREST:
- Management of mentally disabled patients
- Consultant Psychiatrist at 700 bedded tertiary Hospital in Kathmandu
- Head of department of 30 bedded Psychiatry facility hospital in Kathmandu
- Assistant Professor , Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu
- De-addiction consultant therapist , United fellow Rehabilitation center, Nepal
- Medical officer Shree Birendra Hospital, Kathmandu
- Registered Consultant Psychiatrist at Nepal Medical Council
- Member of Psychiatric Association of Nepal (PAN)
- Registered Consultant Psychiatrist at Medical and Dental council of Maldives
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- MD ( Master’s Degree) in Psychiatry, Armed Forces Medical College, India
- MBBS, Xi’an Jiaotong University, China
- Subject Matter Exchange training in Behavioural Health between mental health Experts of Nepal and United States of America.
- Faculty Development Training ( FDA) Program
RESEARCH AND PUBLICTIONS
- Three primary research articles related to depression, psychosis, phantom limb pain are published as a first author in reputed journals
- More than eight research articles were published in various journals as a co-author.